How do I add Google tracking code to WordPress?
Add Google Analytics to WordPress Without a Plugin
- Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code. Click on Admin in the left taskbar.
- Step 2: Add the Tracking Code to the header.php file. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Editor.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
How to Paste Google Analytics Tracking ID into a Webpage –
Where do I put Google Analytics tracking code?
Google’s official recommendation for adding the Google Analytic tracking code is place the tracking code in the HEADER SECTION ( <head>) of the website.
How do I add GTAG to WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php).
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.