Where do I put Google Tag Manager code in WordPress?
Adding Tag Manager Code in WordPressUpon activation, you need to visit Settings » Insert Headers and Footers. Paste your tag manager code in the header section and click on the save button to store your settings.
What does Google Tag Manager do?
Google Tag Manager is a free tool that allows you manage and deploy marketing tags (snippets of code or tracking pixels) on your website (or mobile app) without having to modify the code. Here’s a very simple example of how GTM works.
How do I set up Google Tag Manager?
Set Up a Tag
- Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
- Configure your tag.
- Choose a tag type.
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking.
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded.
- Save your tag.
- Activate your tag by pressing “”Submit.””
How do I add GTAG to WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php).
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.