How do I create a WordPress child theme?
How to Create WordPress Child Theme Step by Step
- Step 1: Create a Child Theme’s Folder. Creating a child theme’s folder is the first step.
- Step 2: Create Child Theme’s style. css File.
- Step 3: Call the parent theme’s CSS file.
- Step 4: Activate your Child Theme.
- Step 5: Using the Child Theme.
- Step 6: Customizing Child Theme.
How do I create a WordPress child theme 2019?
Creating a WordPress Child Theme using PluginStep 2: Log in to the WordPress admin area of your site. Step 3: Go to Plugins >> Add New. Step 4: Click on Upload Plugin, then Click the Activate button to activate the plugin on your site. Step 5: Now go to Tools > Child Themes.
What is a child theme for WordPress?
A child theme in WordPress is a sub theme that inherits all the functionality, features, and style of its parent theme. Child themes are a safe way to modify a WordPress theme without actually making any changes to the parent theme’s files.
Can you make a child theme of a child theme?
1 Answer. You can’t really create a “”grandchild”” theme in the normal sense – i.e make it the child theme of a child theme. It might technically be possible (Smashing Magazine said it was back in 2013) but it seems to be generally considered to be not “”Wordpress legit””.”