How to install WordPress on a subdomain
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the DOMAINS section of the cPanel home screen, click Subdomains:
- Under Create a Subdomain, type the name of the subdomain that you want to add in the Subdomain text box. cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name that you provide.
- Click Create.
How do I add a subdomain to my website?
How to set up a subdomain
- Step 1: Log into your account. The first step is to log into the cPanel dashboard for the website you want to add the subdomain to.
- Step 2: Add the subdomain. Now, scroll down to the Domains heading and press the Subdomain button.
- Step 3: Add DNS records.
- Step 4: Wait for your subdomain to resolve.
Do I need to install WordPress on each subdomain?
If you want to install WordPress on a subdomain, the process is generally the same as installing WordPress on your root domain — you’ll just need to first add your subdomain to your domain’s DNS or via your hosting dashboard. Finally, you could also just manually install WordPress at that subdomain.
Can a subdomain have a different WordPress theme?
You can create a subdomain with different WordPress themes. In your case, if you can create a subdomain, then you can also install new WordPress on your subdomain. You need to upload plugin . theme all from your new admin, and you can use another theme for your subdomain.
How do I use a subdomain?
As an example, here’s how you do it in cPanel:
- Log in to cPanel with the details your host provided when you opened the account.
- Scroll to the Domains section and click Subdomains.
- Type the name of the new subdomain you want to create in the box.
- Select the domain for which you want to create a subdomain.
Is a subdomain a separate website?
A subdomain is a part of your website separate from the rest of your sitemap but without an entirely new or unique URL. That ordering is critical to distinguishing a subdomain from a subfolder. Unlike a subdomain, a subfolder branches off from the top level domain in the site hierarchy.
Can I point a domain name to a subdomain?
In some cases you may want a new domain name to point to a subdomain on your account. For example if you have purchased a domain name and you want it to open an already developed website that is located on a subdomain. This way, when you access the addon domain name it will open the application on the subdomain.
What is subdomain example?
A subdomain is an additional part to your main domain name. You can create multiple subdomains or child domains on your main domain. For example: store.yourwebsite.com. In this example, ‘store’ is the subdomain, ‘yourwebsite’ is the primary domain and ‘.com’ is the top level domain (TLD).
How do I use an existing domain on WordPress?
Add a Domain Name
- Register a new domain name through WordPress.com.
- Transfer an existing domain (that you already own) to WordPress.com.
- Map an existing domain (that you already own) to your WordPress.com site.
- Map a subdomain (for a domain with an existing website) to your WordPress.com site.
Do subdomains affect SEO?
To make it simple, a subdomain is a part of the main website. But, it’s considered a separate entity by the search engines. Subdomains can be used for organizational purposes, or even for an SEO boost. Sometimes you don’t want certain pages of your site indexed with the rest of them.”