Where do I add meta description in WordPress?
First you need to edit a post or page where you want to add keywords and meta description.
Scroll down a little to ‘Yoast SEO’ meta box below the post editor.
You will see your site’s title and automatically generated description as a snippet.
Below that you will see Meta Keywords field.
How do I change meta description in WordPress?
You can view and change your Tagline and meta description using WordPress’ Settings utility.
- Launch your browser and log into your blog at WordPress.com.
- Click the “”Settings”” icon on the Dashboard panel to the left.
- Click the “”General”” menu item.
- Type your new description into the input box labeled “”Tagline.””
How do I add a meta description?
How to write a great meta description
- Keywords: do make sure your most important keywords for the webpage show up in the meta description.
- Write legible, readable copy: this is essential.
- Treat the meta description as if it’s an advert for your web-page: make it as compelling and as relevant as possible.
How do I add meta title and description in WordPress without Plugin?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.