How do I enable SSL certificate in WordPress?
- Make a backup!
- Install your SSL certificate.
- Download the plugin.
- Upload the plugin to the wp-content/plugins directory,
- Go to “plugins” in your WordPress admin, then click activate.
- You will now see a notice asking you to enable SSL. Click it and log in again.
How do I get a free SSL certificate for WordPress?
- Open the cPanel of your website.
- Open File Manager or FTP.
- Copy and Paste the certificate files in the public_html folder of your website.
- Close FTP and come back to the cPanel Dashboard.
- Search for SSL.
- Click ‘Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS).’
Does WordPress need an SSL certificate?
Should your WordPress site have an SSL certificate? The short answer is while it is not always, required, you should. Using the secure HTTPS transfer protocol for your site is one important step in keeping your site secure, respecting the integrity of your data and your user’s data.
How do I get an SSL certificate?
- Step 1: Host with a dedicated IP address. In order to provide the best security, SSL certificates require your website to have its own dedicated IP address.
- Step 2: Buy a Certificate.
- Step 3: Activate the certificate.
- Step 4: Install the certificate.
- Step 5: Update your site to use HTTPS.