How do I manually install WordPress on Hostgator?
How to Install WordPress Manually
- Step 1: Download WordPress. Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account.
- Step 3: Create MySQL Database and User.
- Step 4: Configure wp-config.
- Step 5: Run the Installation.
- Step 6: Complete the Installation.
Does Hostgator work with WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms around for good reason. It is easy to install and features an attractive, user-friendly interface. At HostGator, you can install WordPress through Quick Install or manually. Note: Optimized WordPress cannot be installed using these methods.
How long does it take to install WordPress on Hostgator?
Shared, Reseller, Optimized WordPress, and Cloud Sites accounts take less than 1 hour to set up. VPS with cPanel or Plesk takes a few hours (about 3 to 4) to set up. VPS without cPanel or Plesk takes less than 1 hour to set up. Dedicated server takes 24 to 48 hours to set up.
How do I publish my WordPress site on Hostgator?
If you’re going to take this approach, then consider using the HostGator website builder.
1. Choose the Right Platform
- You pick a website builder.
- Choose a payment plan for your site and traffic needs.
- Add your domain.
- Select a theme or template.
- Customize your site.
- Publish it live on the internet!