In this tutorial, we will share our 10 Best Tips to keep your WordPress website secure.
- Choose a Good Hosting Company.
- Don’t Use Nulled Themes.
- Install a WordPress Security Plugin.
- Use a Strong Password.
- Disable File Editing.
- Install SSL Certificate.
- Change your WP-login URL.
- Limit Login Attempts.
How do I protect my WordPress site from malware?
7 Steps to Secure your WordPress site from Viruses & Malware
- Update! Update! Update!
- Delete the ‘admin’ account – Make it harder for the hackers!
- Check your file and folder permissions.
- Hide your wp-config. php.
- Use trusted sources for themes and plugins.
- Connect to your server securely.
- Backup regularly.
How do I secure my WordPress site without plugins?
In this article, I’ll show you 15 WordPress security tips that don’t require the installation of a plugin.
- Perform Regular Updates.
- Use the Principle of Least Privilege.
- Change the Default admin Username.
- Use Strong Passwords for High-Level Users.
- Regularly Export Your Content.
- Remove Plugins and Themes You Don’t Need.
How can I improve my WordPress Security?
And if so, how do you secure your WordPress website?
Part (d): Let the host handle your WordPress security
- Protect the wp-config.php file. The wp-config.
- Disallow file editing.
- Set directory permissions carefully.
- Disable directory listing with .
- Block all hotlinking.
- Understand, and protect, against DDoS attacks.
How do I check my website for malware?
Use a URL ScannerIf you suspect that your website has malware, a good tool to help identify it is a URL scanner. There are several websites that will scan any URL for free, such as VirusTotal which uses over 60 antivirus scanners and URL/domain blacklisting services to see if your URL has been flagged for malware.
How do I check my WordPress site for malware?
How to scan WordPress for malware with Sucuri Sitecheck:
- Visit the SiteCheck website.
- Enter your WordPress URL.
- Click Scan Website.
- If the site is infected, review the warning message.
- Note any payloads and locations (if available).
- Note any blacklist warnings.
Can WordPress be secure?
While WordPress core software is very secure, and it’s audited regularly by hundreds of developers, there is a lot that can be done to keep your site secure. At WPBeginner, we believe that security is not just about risk elimination. It’s also about risk reduction.
How can I check a website is safe?
Look for these five signs that a website is safe:
- Look for the “S” in HTTPS.
- Find their contact information.
- Verify their trust seal.
- Know the signs of website malware.