Can you transfer a WordPress site to another host?
Backup your WordPress site files using an FTP program. Create a new WordPress database on your new host server. Edit the wp-config.php file to reflect the new database name and user info. Import your saved database and upload your WordPress files to your new host.
How do I move my website to Bluehost?
To start, log into your current host and use a provided program (such as phpMyAdmin) to export your site’s database. Use your preferred FTP program (such as Filezilla or Cyberduck) to download and save your wp-content folder (a.k.a. the files that make up your WordPress site.) Log in to your Bluehost control panel.
How do I transfer my WordPress site from GoDaddy to Bluehost?
Here’s how to move a blog from GoDaddy to Bluehost:
- Get hosted with Bluehost.
- Backup your WordPress files.
- Backup your GoDaddy database.
- Change domain nameservers on GoDaddy.
- Assign your domain to Bluehost.
- Upload WordPress files to Bluehost.
- Create a new database in Bluehost.
- Upload database to Bluehost.