How do I fix WordPress Error 404 Not Found?
WordPress 404 Page Error (Except Homepage)
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Settings → Permalinks.
- Select the Default settings.
- Click Save Changes button.
- Change the settings back to the previous configuration (the once you selected before Default). Put the custom structure back if you had one.
- Click Save Settings.
How do I fix 404 page not found?
How to Fix the 404 Not Found Error
- Retry the web page by pressing F5, clicking/tapping the refresh/reload button, or trying the URL from the address bar again.
- Check for errors in the URL.
- Move up one directory level at a time in the URL until you find something.
- Search for the page from a popular search engine.
How do I find my 404 page in WordPress?
How to customize your WordPress 404 page.
- Open your WordPress admin panel:
- Choose Appearance menu.
- Choose the Theme Editor page.
- Check to see if your theme includes a ‘404 Template’ in the list of files.
- Click the link for ‘404 Template’ along the right side of the page.
What does 404 Page Not Found mean?
The HTTP error 404, or more commonly called “”404 error””, means that the page you are trying to open could not be found on the server. This is a client-side incident which means either the page has been deleted or moved, and the URL has not been modified accordingly, or that you have misspelled the URL.
What causes a 404 Not Found error?
A 404 error is often returned when pages have been moved or deleted. 404 errors should not be confused with DNS errors, which appear when the given URL refers to a server name that does not exist. A 404 error indicates that the server itself was found, but that the server was not able to retrieve the requested page.
How do I fix URL problems?
- Decide which URL style you want to use, www or non-www.
- Set up a 301 redirect so that any links to your non-preferred URL style will go to the right style.
- Set your preferred domain in Google Webmaster Tools so your search result listings are consistent with your style preference.