Do tags help with SEO?
But the header tags don’t just help organize your content for readers. It also helps your SEO. When you tag all of your topical headings throughout the post, you tell search engines exactly what your content is discussing. This is how Google creates the snippets you’ll sometimes see when looking for a topic.
How do I add SEO tags to WordPress?
Setup meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
- Fill in your SEO title and Meta description fields with information about your page.
What tags to use on WordPress?
Tag is one of the pre-defined taxonomy in WordPress. Users can add tags to their WordPress posts along with categories. However, while a category may cover a broad range of topics, tags are smaller in scope and focused to specific topics. Think of them as keywords used for topics discussed in a particular post.
How many tags should I use on WordPress?
“We say add no more than 10 tags to your posts unless you can justify it.” This advice comes from Tom at ManageWP: “A post should typically be in no more than one or two categories, and tagging should be limited only to the most relevant topics covered in the post.””