Can I edit a WordPress theme in Dreamweaver?
Editing a WordPress theme with Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 is a four-part series on editing (not building from scratch) WordPress themes using Dreamweaver.
Editing a WordPress Blog with Dreamweaver CS5 is a very detailed walk-through of what it takes to run WordPress locally and edit theme files in Dreamweaver.
How do I create a WordPress theme in Dreamweaver?
Creating a Child Theme in Dreamweaver
- Open your Dreamweaver site where you have installed WordPress.
- In the Files panel (Select Window > Files), expand the wp-content folder in the site root and select the themes folder within it.
- Right-click on themes and choose New Folder from the context menu.
How do I change the theme in Dreamweaver?
Set color themes and code themes
- Select Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Dreamweaver > Preferences (Macintosh).
- Select Interface from the Category list on the left.
- Choose a theme from the Color Themes list.
- After setting the interface theme, set the code theme.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
How do you edit a WordPress theme offline?
- Make offline server by installing eg. XAMPP.
- Copy files, and export database from online to local,
- Modify wp-config.php to match local database settings.
- Modify theme offline.
- Upload theme to online FTP when work is done.