How do I transfer my domain to WordPress?
Steps for Transferring a Domain to WordPress.com
- Go to the Domains page by clicking My Sites → Manage → Domains.
- Click the Add Domain button in the upper right of the domains listing.
- Select Use a domain I own.
- On the next page, select Transfer to WordPress.com.
How do I link my GoDaddy domain to WordPress?
Install WordPress on a Web or Classic Hosting Account
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Under Options & Settings in the Popular Apps section, click WordPress.
- Click the Install button.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click OK: Domain — Select the domain on your account you want to use.
Can I use my own domain with WordPress free?
No you cannot use a custom domain name with WordPress.com’s free plan. It is available in the paid plan that starts at $39/year. You can always try platforms such as Tumblr and Blogger that allow you to have custom sub-domains for free. If you want to stick to WordPress, you can go for a self-hosted WordPress setup.
Can I use my own domain with WordPress?
Domains »Use a Domain You Already Own (Domain Mapping) If you prefer to keep your domain registered with your current provider, you can use it with your WordPress.com site by domain mapping. There are two important steps to mapping your domain to your WordPress.com site.
Can I use my own domain name with WordPress?
A domain name is a custom address for your website or blog hosted with WordPress.com. You can register, map, or transfer a custom domain name to your WordPress.com site so that people have a memorable and unique address they can visit.”