If you’re already using Pressbooks for your book, you have the skills you need to create an author website this way.
- Step 1: Go to WordPress.com.
- Step 2: Choose a Theme.
- Step 3: Go to the WP-Admin Screen.
- Step 4: Create the Main Pages.
- Step 5: Set Up Sidebar Widgets.
- Step 6: Customize Your Theme.
- Step 7: Specify Some Settings.
How do I create an author page in WordPress?
Head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add [WPUM] Login Form widget to a sidebar. You can now visit your website to see the author profile page in action. As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page.
How do you create an author website?
There are five steps to build your author website:
- Choose a Domain Name.
- Signup for a Web Host.
- Choose the Right Platform.
- Choose an Author Website Theme.
- Add Your Content.
- Customize with Plugins.
What should an author website include?
What to include on your author website
- First things first – keep your design simple.
- Include an Author bio.
- Make it easy for people to buy your book.
- Include links to your Social Media platforms and blog.
- Have a ‘latest news’ section.
- Capture visitors’ email addresses.
- Include testimonials from people who’ve read your book.
Do writers need a website?
Writers need websites, end of story. No matter what kind of writer you are—a novelist, a non-fiction book writer, a freelance writer, or even a brand-new writer without a clue—you need a website.”