How do you improve readability?
Here are 7 strategies to simplify your writing and improve the readability of what you write:
- Use short, easy words.
- Shorten your sentences.
- Nix some of your adjectives and adverbs.
- Drop the jargon.
- Use reader-friendly fonts.
- Break up your copy.
- Test your writing using reading formulas, and aim for grade level 7 or 8.
How can I improve the readability of my website?
9 Key Steps to Improve Website Readability
- Large font. Larger font is easier to read than small font.
- Line height. Line height is the distance between two adjacent lines of text.
- Contrast between the text and background color.
- Narrow lines.
- Use sub-headlines.
- Use bullet points.
- Use images.
- Short sentences.
What is the readability score on WordPress?
Understand Readability Analysis ScoresThis means that the higher the score, the more difficult your content is to read. Flesch reading analysis scores based on ease of read between 0-100 where 0 is the most difficult to read.
Is a low readability score bad?
Readability is a quality of your writing. If the readability of your text is high, people will be able to understand your sentences easily. If the readability is low, people still might understand what you’re saying, but it’s likely to be a draining experience.”