How do I add meta tags to WordPress?
Setup meta tags in WordPress
- Install a plugin in WordPress.
- Activate a plugin in WordPress.
- Click on Pages or Posts depending which you need to edit.
- Click the edit under the page or post title.
- Scroll down to the Yoast SEO section.
- Click the Edit snippet button.
- Fill in your SEO title and Meta description fields with information about your page.
How do I enter meta tags?
Open the HTML file and locate the <head> section near the top of the file. Depending on how you created the page, there may already be a title and some other meta content. The title is between HTML <title></title> tags. The description and keywords are entered in <meta> tags.
How do I add meta tags to WordPress without plugins?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
How do I add a viewport meta tag in WordPress?
To add this in your WordPress website go to your folder > wp-content > themes and find the header. php file from your current active child theme. and in header. php you can add this <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″> into <head> section.”