How to install WordPress on a subdomain
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the DOMAINS section of the cPanel home screen, click Subdomains:
- Under Create a Subdomain, type the name of the subdomain that you want to add in the Subdomain text box. cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name that you provide.
- Click Create.
Can you install WordPress on a subdomain?
Installing WordPress on a Subdomain. Just like an addon domain, you can install WordPress or any third-party applications using the one-click Softaculous App Installer in your cPanel. Click on WordPress under Doteasy Softaculous Apps Installer: Scripts in cPanel. On the WordPress interface, click Install Now.
How do I use a subdomain?
As an example, here’s how you do it in cPanel:
- Log in to cPanel with the details your host provided when you opened the account.
- Scroll to the Domains section and click Subdomains.
- Type the name of the new subdomain you want to create in the box.
- Select the domain for which you want to create a subdomain.
How do I clone a WordPress site to a subdomain?
Create A Subdomain Copy WordPress Site On cPanel –
Is a subdomain a separate website?
A subdomain is a part of your website separate from the rest of your sitemap but without an entirely new or unique URL. That ordering is critical to distinguishing a subdomain from a subfolder. Unlike a subdomain, a subfolder branches off from the top level domain in the site hierarchy.
Do I need to install WordPress on each subdomain?
If you want to install WordPress on a subdomain, the process is generally the same as installing WordPress on your root domain — you’ll just need to first add your subdomain to your domain’s DNS or via your hosting dashboard. Finally, you could also just manually install WordPress at that subdomain.
Do I need to register a subdomain?
Simple answer: No, you do not need to register a separate domain name for your subdomain. Depending on your domain name provider, there will be options to create additional subdomains.
When would you use a subdomain?
A subdomain is a division or alias of your domain that can be used to organize your existing website into a separate site. Typically, subdomains are used if there is content that is distinct from the rest of the site. Subdomains are indicated by the section to the left of the root URL.
What is subdomain example?
A subdomain is an additional part to your main domain name. You can create multiple subdomains or child domains on your main domain. For example: store.yourwebsite.com. In this example, ‘store’ is the subdomain, ‘yourwebsite’ is the primary domain and ‘.com’ is the top level domain (TLD).
How do I manually clone a WordPress site?
Steps to Clone WordPress Site Manually
- Firstly, You need to log into your cPanel and click on the particular domain that you are wanted to clone.
- You need to copy the database from your live site to your staging site to later test changes in your staging environment.
- Click the Go button to download the database.
How do I clone a WordPress site?
Remember – this is all it takes to clone a WordPress website with Duplicator:
- Create a copy of your site and download it.
- Upload the copy of your website to your new web host.
- Set up a database for your website’s clone.
- Run the Duplicator installer and finish the cloning process.
How do I clone a website?
How to Clone a Website – “