How do I move my WordPress site to root?
How To Move Your WordPress Site To Root Directory
- Backup your WordPress database.
- Log into your server’s control panel.
- Find and log in to your server’s FTP client.
- Navigate to your WordPress subdirectory.
- Copy the WP files to root.
- Verify Your WP Files are in the root directory.
- Edit WordPress URL settings.
- Edit subdomain htaccess file.
How do I create a WordPress site from a subdomain?
How to install WordPress on a subdomain
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the DOMAINS section of the cPanel home screen, click Subdomains:
- Under Create a Subdomain, type the name of the subdomain that you want to add in the Subdomain text box. cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name that you provide.
- Click Create.
How do I change the name of a subdomain in WordPress?
1 Answer. In your admin dashboard, go to the my sites->network admin->sites, edit the site and change the subdomain URL, there. No need to touch any files.
How do I move a WordPress media folder to a subdomain?
How to move media to a subdomain
- Create the subdomain on your host files.sitename.com for example.
- Download ALL the old media files from your WordPress /wp-content/uploads folder via FTP.
- Upload ALL the media files to your new subdomain.
- Change your Upload folder to the subdomain in your WordPress settings.