How do I connect to WordPress via FTP?
Click File > Site Manager from FileZilla main window.
Click New Site then name the new connection to what you want (example: My blog server).
Enter the ftp address for your website in Host box.
Usually, if your website is http://www.example.com, then the ftp address will be ftp://ftp.example.com or ftp://example.com.
Does WordPress support FTP?
Most WordPress web hosting service providers give users access to FTP, so that they can upload or download files from their web hosting server directly from within their control panel. WordPress users may need an FTP client to upload WordPress files to their web hosting server before they can install WordPress.
Where is the FTP in WordPress?
Your FTP login credentials are sent to you via email when you sign up for your WordPress hosting account. You can also find your FTP account information in your hosting account’s cPanel dashboard.
How do I upload my WordPress site to FileZilla?
How to upload WordPress via FTP with FileZilla
- Download FileZilla Client at: http://filezilla-project.org/ Double-click The FileZilla icon in your downloads folder to install FileZilla.
- Open FileZilla from your start menu or desktop.
- Select “”New Site”” in the Site Manager Dialog Box.
- Enter Login Details for your Webspace.
- Tell FileZilla where your local files are.