How do I import a child theme into WordPress?
Click on the ‘Upload Theme’ button. This will show you theme upload option. Click on the choose file button to select the theme zip file from your computer and then click on the ‘Install Now’ button. After installing both parent and child themes, you can go ahead and activate the child theme.
How do I manually create a WordPress child theme?
Creating a Child Theme Manually
- Step 1: Create a folder and name it anything you like. Ex: optimizer-child.
- Step 2: Create a file titled style.css.
- Step 3: Open the style.css and write below information.
How do I create a WordPress child theme 2019?
Creating a Child Theme in WordPress
- Access your hPanel and click File Manager.
- Navigate to public_html -> wp-content -> themes folder.
- Create a New Folder by clicking its icon on the upper menu.
- Change all the values accordingly.
- Create another file named functions.
- Visit your website and access Appearance -> Theme.
What is a child theme?
A WordPress child theme is a WordPress theme that inherits its functionality from another WordPress theme, the parent theme. Child themes are often used when you want to customize or tweak an existing WordPress theme without losing the ability to upgrade that theme.”