Can you create your own theme in WordPress?
Fortunately, creating a custom theme for WordPress is a relatively straightforward process.
It also doesn’t require much technical knowledge or experience with web development.
Plus, building your own theme can be well worth the effort since you can get your site looking and operating just right.
How do you create a WordPress theme and sell it?
You have a few general options here:
- Submit your theme to theme marketplace like Mojo Themes or Theme Forest.
- Build off a framework, like Genesis, that has an examples gallery or store that you can add your theme to.
- Create your own site and market the theme yourself.
How do I create a WordPress theme from scratch 2020?
1:How to Build a WordPress Theme from Scratch with WooCommerce
How can I create my own theme?
To create a theme, follow these steps:
- Open the Theme dropdown menu near the top of the right side of the Theme Editor.
- Click Create New Theme.
- In the New Theme dialog, enter a name for the new theme.
- In the Parent theme name list, click on the parent from which the theme inherits initial resources.