10 Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Website for Speed
- Choose a Quality Hosting Plan.
- Always Keep Your Plugins, Themes, and WordPress Software Updated.
- Implement Caching to Reduce the Number of Requests Your Site Handles.
- Use Image Optimization to Make Your Media Files Smaller.
- Minify and Compress Your Website’s Files.
Use a WordPress Optimized Hosting Solution
The easiest and most logical first step is to ensure that you are running your site on a server that has been professionally optimized for you. InMotion Hosting has WordPress optimized servers for Shared, VPS, and Dedicated hosting solutions.To improve load times on GoDaddy, upgrade to PHP 7+ in your GoDaddy account, install the Autoptimize plugin, setup Cloudflare’s free CDN, clean your database with WP-Optimize, and use an image optimization plugin. Be sure to avoid plugins that consume high CPU and show multiple times in your GTmetrix report.Setup Cloudflare With Your Cache Plugin
WP Rocket, WP Fastest Cache, W3 Total Cache,Swift Performance, and other cache plugins allow you to integrate Cloudflare in their settings. You will usually grab your Global API Key (found in your Cloudflare profile) and enter it into your cache plugin’s Cloudflare settings.
What types of optimization a WordPress website can have?
More “well-known” options in shared hosting include A2 Hosting and InMotion Hosting.
- #2: Use A Fast Theme/Framework.
- #3: Install A Caching Plugin.
- #5: Enable Gzip Compression.
- #6: Install Well-coded Plugins.
- #7: Perform Routine Maintenance on Your Plugins.
- #9: Optimize Uploaded Images.
- #12: Reduce Spam – Speed up WordPress.
How can I speed up my WordPress site 2019?
Speed Up WordPress in 2019: How To Optimize Your Website
Why is WordPress site so slow?
The primary causes for a slow WordPress website are: Web Hosting – When your web hosting server is not properly configured it can hurt your website speed. Bad Plugins – If you’re using a poorly coded plugin, then it can significantly slow down your website.”