Where are media files stored in WordPress?
How WordPress Stores Uploaded Images
- Your uploaded photos and other media files are stored in the /wp-content/uploads/ directory under the folders organized by months and years.
- When any file is uploaded to a post using the Add Media button, WordPress stores it in the Post table as an attachment post type.
How do I change the default media upload location in WordPress?
How to Change Default Media Upload Folder in WordPress?
- Save Media File Under Month and Year.
- Open File Manager in Bluehost.
- File Manager Directory Selection in Bluehost.
- Create New Folder.
- Enter Folder Name.
- New Media Folder Created.
- Locate wp-config PHP File.
- Choose Encoding for Text Editor.
How do I import media library into WordPress?
The plugin lets you import media and files into the WordPress Uploads folder from any location on your server. To use the plugin, install and activate it. Then go to either the Plugins interface and click on Add From Server > Import Files or in the admin sidebar go to Media > Add From Server.
What is WordPress media library?
Media is a tab in your WordPress admin sidebar which is used to manage user uploads (images, audio, video, and other files). Under the Media menu, there are two screens. The first screen Library lists all the files in the media library.”