How do you create a short code?
In this article, you’ve learned that it only takes three simple steps to create a shortcode:
- Write a regular function that executes the desired custom code.
- Save the code to your WordPress plugin or theme.
- Register the shortcode within WordPress.
Where are WordPress shortcodes stored?
Generally, they’re placed into a post or page. However, they can go in any location where you can add code through the WordPress editor, such as a custom post type or a text widget. Of course, it’s worth mentioning that not all shortcodes are this simple.
How do I create a custom shortcode in WordPress?
- Step 1: Create the Code. This is where you need to create your functionality.
- Step 2: Save the Code (But NOT in the Functions. php File)
- Step 3: Include Your Custom PHP File. Now we need to tell WordPress where to find your custom shortcode file.
- Step 4: Define Your Shortcode.
- Step 5: Add Your Shortcode.