Troubleshoot a WordPress internal server error.
A 500 ISE(internal server error) is a generic error message generated when the website cannot be displayed.
This error can occur for many reasons, but often it is WordPress, a plugin, theme, .
htaccess or the wp-config.
How do I fix Error 500 GoDaddy?
Re: HTTP ERROR 500Invalid configuration files, or invalid rules in them, commonly cause 500 errors with hosting accounts. You can try renaming the files (. htaccess for Linux and web. config for Windows) to disable them.
How do I fix error code 500?
How to Fix the 500 Internal Server Error
- Reload the web page.
- Clear your browser’s cache.
- Delete your browser’s cookies.
- Troubleshoot as a 504 Gateway Timeout error instead.
- Contacting the website directly is another option.
- Come back later.
What causes 500 Internal Server Error WordPress?
Common Solutions for the 500 Internal Server Error. The two most common causes of this error are a corrupted . htaccess file and exceeding your server’s PHP memory limit. htaccess file in your WordPress directory can become corrupted after you install a plugin or make another change to your WordPress site.
How do I fix Internal Server Error in WordPress?
Most of the time, you can have the 500 internal server error solved in 6 steps:
- Turn on debugging. Whenever WordPress throws you a white screen of death or a server error, I recommend turning your debugging on.
- Deactivate all plugins and switch themes.
- Check your .
- Increase your memory.
- Ask your host.
- Reinstall WordPress.