Can I install WordPress on my computer?
WordPress is not a program that you normally install on your computer, it is installed on the server of your web hosting company.
But, if you have a live website and need a safe area where you can work and play during a LearnWP WordPress workshop you can run WordPress locally on your laptop.
How do I download and install WordPress?
How to Install WordPress Manually
- Step 1: Download WordPress. Download the WordPress package to your local computer from http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Step 2: Upload WordPress to Hosting Account.
- Step 3: Create MySQL Database and User.
- Step 4: Configure wp-config.
- Step 5: Run the Installation.
- Step 6: Complete the Installation.
How do I install WordPress locally?
Follow the following steps without skipping any of them to install WordPress on your computer successfully.
- Download a Local Server Software.
- Install MAMP Server.
- Run MAMP on Your Computer.
- Create a Database.
- Download WordPress.
- Put WordPress in MAMP’s htdocs.
- Install WordPress on Localhost.
How do I download WordPress locally?
Here are the simplified steps on how to install WordPress on a local computer:
- Install a local server (Mac: MAMP, PC:XAMPP or WAMP).
- Create a new database.
- Download WordPress from wordpress.org and extract the files to a new folder under the htdocs folder.
- Rename the wp-config-sample.
- Run wp-admin/install.