Can I move my WordPress site to another host?
Back up your WordPress website files and directories within cPanel (or another control panel). If you’re using a free migration host, now’s the time to request a transfer service! php file to reflect the new database name and user info. Import your saved database and upload your WordPress files to your new host.
How do I migrate from one WordPress site to another?
Move your WordPress site to another domain
- Step 1 – Verify that your current site is working.
- Step 2 – Download the files of your website.
- Step 3 – Export your database.
- Step 4 – Upload files to your new domain.
- Step 5 – Import your database.
- Step 6 – Go to wp_options.
- Step 7 – Update siteurl and home.
- Step 8 – Update connection details in wp-config.
How do I transfer my website to another host?
The most convenient way to transfer your website’s files to your new web hosting account is via FTP. You should connect to your hosting account and download the files locally to your computer. Then you have to upload them to your new hosting account’s main folder (usually public_html, www or httpdocs).
How do I move my WordPress site to cPanel?
How to Migrate a WordPress Installation to a cPanel Server
- Pre-migration requirements.
- Export the WordPress database.
- Upload the files to the new server.
- Create a MySQL® database.
- Import the WordPress database to cPanel & WHM.
- Change the website URL.
- Configure the WordPress database settings.
- Update links and images.