How do I move a WordPress site to a subdirectory?
– Double click the subdirectory containing the WordPress files. – Click Select All to select all the files. – Click Move File. (Note: Some hosts might have a different name for this folder or you may have installed WordPress in a subdirectory inside another directory.
How do I get to the root directory in WordPress?
This configuration file is usually located in the document root directory of your domain name. For example, if you have installed WordPress on your primary domain the wp-config. php file will be located in the public_html directory of your hosting account.
How do I move my WordPress site from a subdomain to the main domain?
Option 1: Move WordPress from subdomain folder to public_html directory. This is the most straight forward process to get WordPress out of the subdomain and into the root directory. 1 – Go to Settings > General and change the URL for both the WordPress Address and Site Address to use the main domain name.
Should WordPress be installed in root directory?
Always install WordPress on the root directory. Unless your blog is a secondary part of an existing website you should always install WordPress on the root directory.
How do I find the root directory of my website?
How to Find the Document Root of your Website –
How do I view wp content uploads?
Go to your WordPress Dashboard, then click on the Media section and from here you can get all your upload files.
How do I access wp content?
So, in order to access it, all you need to do is log in to your FTP server (for example, via FileZilla). Depending on your host’s setup, you might have to click through to another folder like public_html to get to your site, however, once you are there, that’s exactly where you will find the wp-content directory.
Where do I find wp content?
The wp-content folder for the site is located in the public_html folder. Click public_html and then click wp-content in the list on the right.
How do I replace my website with WordPress?
Video Tutorial – The easiest way to build a new WordPress site while the old site is live
- Step 1: Install a new WordPress website. Install a new WordPress website.
- Step 2: Re-point your domain name.
- Step 3: Change your WordPress website to have the correct domain name (i.e not the temporary domain name)
How do I use subdomain in WordPress?
How to install WordPress on a subdomain
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the DOMAINS section of the cPanel home screen, click Subdomains:
- Under Create a Subdomain, type the name of the subdomain that you want to add in the Subdomain text box. cPanel automatically fills in the document root path by using the subdomain name that you provide.
- Click Create.
How do I move a WordPress site to production?
Migrating Your Site from Development to a Live Site – “